29.11.06

IT'S FUCKING COLD!

It's so cold here, the sky and clouds have turned icy blue. This is a view of San Francisco's Embarcadero, taken from the Bay Bridge.

It's not even winter yet, and it's really fucking cold here. It's in the mid 40s right now. I mean, come on...this is California. Palm trees, blue skies, movie stars...you know the cliches. I can't deal with this cold. Anyways, I've been listening to some random stuff lately. I've been trying to think of one coherent subject, but nothing is jumping out at the moment. Brain freeze, I guess.

The Ramones > California Sun

We're out here havin' fun, in the warm California sun. Riiiiiight. Love this track, tho, the Ramones have always been favorites of mine. Back in junior high, we used to watch Rock N' Roll High School at least twice a week. Man, those were the days. Gabba gabba hey, bitches!

Ted Leo > Dirty Old Town

Pogues cover, in case you didn't know. Although, I'm unsure if it's a traditional song or a Pogues original. I've been listening to Ted Leo quite a bit the past couple days. I love the way Mr. Leo pours himself into this one, it feels right. It's on his "Tell Balgeary, Balgury Is Dead" album, which sorta reminds me of Billy Bragg's Peel Sessions album.

Capsule > Idol Fancy

I put this one on a mix for Mr. Wood for the bowlie mix cd exchange. This track is so fucking catchy, it's ridiculous. I could listen to this all day long and not tire of it. If you're looking for the album, it's called "Phony Phonic". This comes from Madcat (another bowlie peep), who was kind enough to send me nearly 5gb of brilliant jpop.

David Bowie > Rebel Rebel


When I was 8 or 9, my uncle John got me CHANGESONEBOWIE for Christmas. I have since concluded that this was a monumental point in my musical life. I had no idea who David Bowie was at the time, but uncle John was perhaps my favorite uncle and we spent a lot of time together. In any case, I played that album to death. Space Oddity was one of my favorite songs. I didn't get it at the time, but I thought it was cool because he was singing about spaceships and stuff. I also vaguely knew of 2001: A Space Odyssey and thought they were connected. C'mon, I was just a kid. Rebel Rebel was my absolute favorite, tho. I used to run around the house singing it. Who knew it was about cross-dressing? I sure didn't. I'm guessing my uncle didn't, either. Or he didn't care. Knowing him, I'll pick the former.

No comments: