8.9.08

Hangin' out all by myself

Tonight marks the start of the second season of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Being a fan of James Cameron's The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (aka T2), I was skeptical about this series, but I thought I would give it a chance in any case.

I guess the problem with a show like this is that it initially is caught in no-man's land. There is a built-in audience coming from the old movies, but the writers also have to update the new viewers by re-hashing the original storylines and recycling a lot of movie dialog. I guess I spent the first 4-5 episodes waiting for something to happen, but it eventually became interesting to me.

Overall, I'd say that the writing is okay, but I felt like it improved towards the end of the first season. I'll probably keep up with it because I'm a science fiction nerd at heart and I especially love stories with time travel themes. So there you have it.

The musical tie-in for this post is that Shirley Manson is going to be a regular character, playing a T-1000 terminator who masquerades as the CEO of Cyberdyne Systems. Pretty cool, I guess Garbage will be put on the backburner (or already has been).

Check out Garbage covering The Ramones' I Just Wanna Have Something To Do, from the Ramones tribute album, We're A Happy Family. Garbage totally tears it up, this is worthy of The Ramones legacy.

Garbage > I Just Wanna Have Something To Do

No comments: