24.6.08

Find your own way back to the center

I stumbled upon San Francisco's Lovelikefire about a week ago. Sorry, I have no idea why it's all one word. Maybe all the good band names really are taken. I already had plans to go to Los Angeles over the weekend, so I missed their gig here this past Friday night. So far, I like what I've heard of them, it's kinda guitar-oriented dream pop or indie rock. Take your pick, or make something else up.

I like the singer's voice, she sorta reminds me of Siouxsie Sioux, just in the way she enunciates her words. They're in the studio working on their debut album, which apparently is coming in the fall. In the meantime, you can stream the entire
An Ocean In The Air EP here and you can click here for other miscellaneous tracks.

So far, S.O.S. is my favorite track. I love the way it flows, and when she wails, "find your own way back to the center", I dunno, it just soars. It's a solid EP, so here's hoping the debut comes out just as good, if not better. You can buy
An Ocean In The Air, along with their Bed of Gold EP, on their website. They have tshirts, too!

Lovelikefire > S.O.S.

No comments: