4.7.07

What a waste of gunpowder and sky

This one, while being kind of a poignant song, always cracks me up. I have two memories associated with it. One time, my friend and I went to see Aimee Mann at Slim's. Aimee played this song and my friend burst into tears in the middle of the song. Not that I was laughing at her, it's just an amusing memory.

Memory number two: I had gone to see Aimee another time, with my then-girlf who fainted in the middle of the gig. It was her first time going to see a show, any show. The venue was packed, sold out, and hot as hell. I think at the time, smoking was still allowed indoors in California. That's how long ago it was. Anyways, we were standing there and she was sorta leaning on me. Suddenly, she started getting heavier and she started sliding down. Luckily, I was able to catch her. The security dudes were nice, they got her a bottle of water and let us sit near the door so she could get some fresh air.

If you like this, you can find it on her album entitled, Whatever. There's also a live version on the Live at St. Ann's Warehouse album. Yes, I'm a fan, but you really can't go wrong with any of her albums...so check em out.

Aimee Mann > 4th of July

No comments: