25.3.07

Your eyelashes tickled my neck, with every nervous blink

This track is soooo five years ago, but I still really like it. I've had Dntel's "Life is Full of Possibilities" album in my rotation all this week. I think I may actually like "Fear of Corners" more, but the Ben Gibbard's vocals mix so perfectly with the music and electronics on this one. Too bad the Postal Service album that resulted from this wasn't nearly as good as this one track. I mean, I thought the Postal Service album was okay...but most people went nuts for it and I don't think it is as good as they say it is. Live and let live, I guess. Check out "(This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan".

6 comments:

Stef said...

Yeah, that track's definitively got something about it hasn't it?

Perhaps I'll go and check out there other stuff but based on your review of it I may not bother and just stick with this!

robot hero said...

Get the Dntel album. The Postal Service album might be hit or miss, but I don't really recommend it aside from a track or two.

Unknown said...

jamie-

you're a crack smoker. that postal service album is ace.

B-

Anonymous said...

This is definitely one of the best songs ever. I'm so ashamed I don't own any Dntel. Is this really like 5 years ago?!

Yeah, the Postal Service album is maybe not as good for me as time goes on, but I thought it was dreamy stuff when it first came out. Oh heck, it's still kinda somethin'. Maybe cos I saw the group live just when it was released. God, sometime like March or April 2003? Damn. Years are flying by.

robot hero said...

Yeah, Ben, I smoke crack, but that PS album is still not as good as you think.

I don't think you'd like that Dntel album, Jen. The rest of the album is nothing like that track.

Unknown said...

you're wrong. that album is better than i think. you're just getting old man tastes. ;)

on another note, thanks for the tasty eluvium crack. dreamtastic.