9.9.06

Goin' to the chapel

So, next month I'm going to Maine for a friend's wedding. In a fit of...I dunno what, I decided I was gonna make a wedding mix cd as an little extra gift to them. I spent an evening and this is what I came up with. I started out with an enormous amount of tunes, however I ended up cutting quite a few just to make the 80 minute CDR limit and also for flow. A mix definitely has to have flow. Hopefully this one does; I quite like it anyway. It's a 93mb zip file, so it'll take a little while to download.

Check it out:

Mirah > Words Cannot Describe
Doris Troy > Just One Look
The 6ths > You You You You You
My Bloody Valentine > Sometimes
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds > Breathless
Darrell Banks > Open The Door To Your Heart
New Order > Temptation
Cowboy Junkies > Anniversary Song
Jose Gonzales > Heartbeats
Wilson Pickett > I'm In Love
Nick Drake > Northern Sky
Malcolm Middleton > Best In Me
Ben Folds > The Luckiest
Spiritualized > Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
PUFFY > Always Dreamin' About You
Lamb > Gorecki
Yo La Tengo > Nowhere Near
Connie Francis > Don't Ever Leave Me
Matthew Sweet > We're The Same
XTC > Stupidly Happy
Teenage Fanclub > Norman 3
Joe Jackson > Happy Loving Couples

5 comments:

Stef said...

Some quality tunes on there, I wouldn't mind giving it a listen some time.

Knew you couldn't resist putting some PUFFY on there. ;-)

robot hero said...

Ha! My love for PUFFY knows no bounds. Lemme know how you like the mix :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't downloaded it, but there are some very sweet and very appropriate songs on there. I hope they 'get' it, knowwhatimean?

Stef said...

Hey, I've just given the whole thing a listen, it's a really good mix.

Some lovely and well selected tracks. Good effort mate!

robot hero said...

Sweet, glad you like it ^_^