24.4.20

Dolly Parton's America

Dolly Parton's America

I listened to the Dolly Parton's America podcast this week. Super interesting, inspiring and moving. I love Dolly. I wish I had paid more attention to her when I was younger. I think it's a good place to start if you're new to her and hardcore fans will find some interesting info as well. I'm somewhere in the middle, myself, and I enjoyed all of it; even moved to tears at points. She's just such a fascinating, complicated lady and a shrewd business-woman. I think my favourite thing about her is her self-deprecation. She's willing to make herself the target of a joke, kind of diminishing anyone's venom or deflecting pot-shots. The podcast is 9 installments, click on the image to check out the site or find it wherever you get your podcasts.


No comments: