6.5.08

Well, I see that the world is upside-down

Oh yeah! Tom Waits is hitting the road. I seriously gotta try and see him so I can cross him off of my list. The man is a legend. FACT. And just in time, Scarlett Johansson's album of Tom Waits covers, Anywhere I Lay My Head, is about to drop. I am really not sure how I feel about this, but right now it's more novelty than anything. I mean, come on, it's Scarlett Johansson. She's h0tt and all, but this could very well go the way of the Paris Hilton album. However, at least she (Scarlett) picked someone cool to cover, if indeed the choice was hers. Oh, and some dude named David Bowie contributes backup vocals for a couple tracks on the (SJ) album, as well.

Compare and contrast:

Scarlett Johansson > Anywhere I Lay My Head


Tom Waits > Anywhere I Lay My Head

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she could maybe do well sounding like that. The sound of her song sounded very 80s to me, so maybe it will appeal to fans of Siouxsie Sioux and that atmospherics of Kate Bush (if not the voice).

Damn Tom Waits croaking away!

robot hero said...

no comparison to kate bush, and i'm not saying that as fanboi #1. there's something that kinda annoys me, i think the production is a bit too heavy-handed.

i'll take waits' croaking over this, any day ^_^