26.12.07

Sometimes, love comes as a surprise

Well, after being unsure of whether I would post again in 2007, I have returned. I have all this time off, don't have to go back to work until the 2nd, and I've been contemplating a road trip, even if only for a couple days. You know, just to go somewhere, anywhere...get outta town. However, I am still here for the time being, and I've wanted to post this video. It consists of clips from Wong Kar Wai's 2046, set to Lali Puna's cover of Together In Electric Dreams, which was originally done by the Human League, I believe.

I think the song really fits with the movie. A line from the song seems to sum up everything the movie is about; we'll always be together/however far it seems/we'll always be together/together in electric dreams. I must admit that I am not familiar with the original HL version of the song (I should probably remedy that), but I really love the LP version. It's not cluttered up, her voice is barely above a whisper, the little electronic flourishes; it's a four-and-a-half minute slice of perfect.

3 comments:

Stef said...

Oh, I rather like that. It does seem to fit the visuals -from the film I assume- very well and it's a great cover! I always thought the original was a good song but far too cheesy, even for 80s pop!

Is the film any good? I might go and rent it.

robot hero said...

I thought it was pretty cool. Very sexual and filled with longing. Some people would call it slow, but I was captivated. It doesn't hurt that Zhang Ziyi is stunning to look at.

Anonymous said...

2046 is somewhere in my top ten. Beautiful film.