4.12.07

100 Days, 100 Nights

Oh, fuck yeah! I just scored a ticket for tomorrow night's sold-out performance of Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (at the kick-ass Bimbo's 365 Club in north beach). I just started listening to her last week and I realized that she was about to play here. Some other plans I had got post-poned, so I thought I'd try hook up a ticket. The band is pretty tight, and some reviews have gone as far as to call Sharon Jones the "female James Brown". She is pretty goddamn good.

Her latest album is
100 Days, 100 Nights, which is what I've heard so far. I will definitely be making a purchase at the gig tomorrow night. Searching around the interweb, as I tend to do, I found this pretty cool cover of Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In). Apparently, this is only available on 7" at the gigs. Check it out.

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

No comments: