29.2.12

Larks' Tongues in Aspic (Part II)


I've been having a little King Crimson revival this week. The 80s incarnation of the band (Fripp, Belew, Levin, Bruford) is probably my favorite, if only because that was my initial entry into their catalog. I've been listening a lot to a live album called Absent Lovers which was recorded in Montreal at the end of their 1984 tour.

Originally recorded in 1973, this particular performance of Larks' Tongues in Aspic (Part II) (from the Larks' Tongues in Aspic album) showcases their chops and power. The word devastating comes to mind. Precision. Deadly accuracy. It's like the Death Star of songs, capable of destroying entire planets (if someone were to use that power for evil). I dunno, it's just so very good.

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic (Part II)

No comments: