24.10.08

Be forever with my poison arms around you

Around eleven years ago, my friend had an extra ticket to go see Tindersticks at The Fillmore and invited me along, since his girlf didn't like them. He wanted to get there early to check out the opener, a guy called Elliott Smith that he was interested in. That was my first experience with the man. He was really quiet, sitting in a chair alone onstage. I liked what I had heard, and picked up his latest release (at the time), Either/Or. My favorite song was, and probably still is, Angeles. Elliott Smith died five years ago this week. This is Angeles, played live at the Los Angeles nightclub, Largo. By the way, this track is on a CD of previously unreleased material that comes with the book, Elliott Smith, by Autumn de Wilde.

Elliott Smith > Angeles

No comments: