18.2.08

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

I've just spent a good chunk of my weekend watching Sergio Leone films. Duck, You Sucker (aka A Fistful of Dynamite), A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I wish I could be a gunslinger in the old west. Since I just finished this one tonight and it's totally stuck in my head, I'll put this up. It's from the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I wanna be like Clint Eastwood. Fucking badass.

This is from the scene in the movie where Tuco and Blondie are at the cemetery, and Angel Eyes shows up thinking he's gonna cash in on the gold they all have been searching for. Blondie (Eastwood) proposes a three-way duel to see who gets the gold. I love the long looks, the ice-cold stares and the hands creeping towards their guns. Brilliant.

If anyone's interested, I picked up the set from Amazon. It's got a $75 or $80 list price, but I found it for about $40ish, including shipping. It's really cool.

Ennio Morricone > Il Trielo (The Trio) (from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

No comments: