16.4.07

What's this whole world coming to, things just ain't the same

Tracey Thorn has a new album, "Out of the Woods", you can stream a few tracks on her myspace page. I've listened to it only once so far, but it sounds pretty good, like how an Everything But The Girl album might sound. If you know who she is, then you know how gorgeous her voice is. I'm basically using this as an excuse to post one of my favorite tracks. It's actually billed as "Massive Attack featuring Tracey Thorn". I think it may be available as a single (probably out of print by now) or perhaps on a compilation. I know for sure it's on the soundtrack for Batman Forever, which I think was a shitty film. I remember going to see it, but I don't remember anything about it. In any case, it's a cover of The Marvelettes' tune on Motown, "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game". Both versions are well worth your time, check em out.

Massive Attack featuring Tracey Thorn > The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game


The Marvelettes > The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game


*EDIT*
I've been looking around and I've found this kickass version of "Hunter" by a girl called Blinky, who was on the Motown roster way back when. I don't know anything about her, but this track is awesome.

Blinky > The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game

No comments: