27.9.06

Ecstasy of St. Theresa revisited

So I did a little research today and I was a little surprised to discover that Ecstasy of St. Theresa are still going, and they have an album coming out next month. It seems they've evolved into an electronica type band, which is not a bad thing in itself, but, to me, it's not nearly as attractive as the swirling noise of the Sussurate album. I just have a soft spot for the noise, I guess. Anyway, you can check out the obligatory myspace page as well as their own site.

Here's another track from Sussurate, just cuz...
Ecstasy of St. Theresa > Icecreamstar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Former noisy/shoegaze/feedback-drenched/ethereal/whatever artists always go the route of electronica, don't they?

This song wasn't as good as the previous one, but I still dug it.

Stef said...

Oh don't say that! I missed the previous song because I've been too busy to do much blog surfing and that I have done has been at work so no tunes.

Alas it is gone now.

This is... OK. Aren't there like a million bands doing this sort of stuff though. There certainly was in England for most of my life. Very post-Fall.