10.8.06

I'm only just a man of steel

I've begun watching the X-Files, yet again. I've just finished with Season One. I got into the show late, perhaps around the third or fourth season. I started going out with this girl who loved it and made it a point to be home to watch it, so I of course watched it with her. I hadn't heard of it before, I don't watch much telly, but I was quickly drawn into it. Anyway, I was inspired tonight to put on the "Songs In The Key of X" album. One of my favorite songs on the album is Frank Black's "Man of Steel". I love the reverby surf guitar sound goin on, and the song sorta evokes a lonely, wistful feeling.

Frank Black > Man of Steel

1 comment:

Stef said...

That track reminds me of certain Velvet Underground tracks. Not what I was expecting at all but good none the less.