14.1.20

Hildur Guðnadóttir



Over the weekend, I just discovered Hildur Guðnadóttir and her music and I am in love. This stuff is so in my wheelhouse. It actually happened while I was watching Joker. As the movie went on, I just kept thinking to myself how incredible the soundtrack is and how it captures all the moments and feelings. I looked it up afterward and learned that she's been scoring films for a while now (Chernobyl, Trapped, Sicario) and that, for Joker, she just won a Golden Globe for Best Original Score (she's also the first woman to win the award as a solo composer, which is like what the fucking fuck, but it's something, right?). Listen to the Joker score here. She's also just reissued her 2010 album, Mount A which I've been listening to as well, check it out here.

No comments: