21.8.11

If you need a friend

It's funny, the first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite, I hated it. I had flown to Denver to hang out with my friend, Rick. Neko Case was playing a couple nights at the Bluebird Theater and we were planning to go. So I get to Rick's in the evening, we chat and have a few beers, blah blah. Right? He's someone who goes to bed at a fairly "normal" hour, so he recommends ND to me as he's off to bed. I put it in and watch it. In the words of Napoleon himself, "This is pretty much the worst video ever made." I don't know if I was tired from the flight or whatever, but the movie didn't click with me at all.

Fast forward to a random weekend, ND is on Comedy Central, I believe, and I'm too lazy to change the channel. The movie is brilliant. Now, it's one of my favorites.

One of my favorite scenes is the tetherball scene with Deb at the end. It's just so perfect.


You wanna play me?

When In Rome - The Promise

2 comments:

stringends said...

this makes me think I should try re-watching! it never clicked with me either even though I felt like I probably should

Death Process said...

Yeah, definitely check it again. It's good, quirky, retarded fun.