13.12.06

I think of you, wherever you go

One of my favorite Christmas tunes, it's The Pretenders' "2000 Miles", from their underrated 1984 album, "Learning To Crawl". I remember my dad complaining that it wasn't a Christmas song because it wasn't a classic. Umm, dad...WTF are you talking about? I wonder what people thought of, let's say, "Frosty The Snowman" the first time they heard it back in the 50s. They probably thought Gene Autry was smoking crack. Anyways...

Listen:
The Pretenders > 2000 Miles

5 comments:

sharon said...

Why in god's name is there a UFO on that cover?!

Stef said...

Good question!

I have to admit to really liking The Pretenders, her voice is great.

Well the singles were great, their filler tracks were usually really weak

robot_hero said...

Agreed, when they were on, they were really on. I dunno what the deal is with the UFO.

jennifer said...

Shit! I forgot that yousendit links expire. Doh. I'm just catching up with the xmo tunes now. I shall endeavor to do them all ASAP.

I didn't like this one. Blah! ;p

Juscelino said...

You don't know how much I am grateful for this. For years I've been searching this song. Its reminds me of my childhood, when I heard this music.