22.8.06

Laugh and Peace


Okay, this one is really trippy, it's a song from a video game called Vib Ribbon. The band are a Japanese outfit called Laugh and Peace, and the song is "Polaroid". Somebody sent it to me a long time ago and I dig it out now and then. It's kinda, I dunno, strange and haunting. You can find some info on the video game here, and there are some songs available to download. Only problem is that I can't seem to be able to download them. Maybe someone else can grab them and share them. I can't even find any info on whether they released a proper album or not. The guy who owns that site is right, the lyrics are sorta sad.

Laugh and Peace > Polaroid


Walking by the ribbon
Up its spiny side
Raindrops falling me
I have no umbrella

Search in my car
Search in my house
I can't find just anything I want
Search in my heart
Search in my hopes
There's no rules so
Any time, any place

Walking by the ribbon
Up its spiny side
Raindrops falling me
I have no umbrella

Walk until I find it
Such a happy time
Please say "Good night" to me
I feel all alone

Ready for you
Ready for me
I don't know what I'm just looking for
Ready for life
Ready for death
There's no rules so
Any time, any place

Looking for my answer
Looking for my dreams
Starting over
Looking for my answer
Looking for my future
Hey, I gotta watch, I know

Step by step
Walk through mountains
Step by step
Walk through oceans
Step by step
Walk forever
I'll be running

Jumping down
Walk through mountains
Jumping down
Walk through oceans
Jumping down
Walk forever
I can guess everything

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have probably more luck downloading the songs from here: http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/thegia/sites/www.thegia.com/psx/vib/media2/

As for the lyrics, they are quite hard to "decipher" as there's a deep Japanese accent to deal with, so the lyrics commonly found on the Internet are not correct.
You can see this from here, http://www.answers.com/topic/vib-ribbon , they've copied the exact lyrics from the official Vib Ribbon site, and if you compare them to the one you posted, you will find that the official one makes a little bit more sense :)

As for the other songs... if you listen to the songs carefully, you'll notice that the other lyrics don't quite match...

Oh, I'm listening to Overflowing Emotions at the moment, and I find it quite weirder than Polaroid :)

robot hero said...

Ooh, thanks for the info, Mr/Ms Anonymous. Yeah, I also noticed the lyrics didn't really match up. I'll check out Overflowing Emotions, I think I have that one as well. Thanks again!

^^

Stef said...

Bugger, I've had a busy week and now I've come to check out the songs the link has expired.

Bugger.

robot hero said...

Check out the link posted in the first comment, all the songs are there :)

Anonymous said...

You're quite welcome, mr. robot_hero :) I'm wondering if you agree with me on Overflowing Emotions :)

Oh, I didn't really mean to be Anonymous, I didn't notice the "Other" radio button the first time...

robot hero said...

Sorry for the delay, I've just returned from holidays. Yeah, Overflowing Emotions is a pretty strange one, I'm liking it a lot, although, I'd have to say I like all of the songs quite a bit. I need to find more music by them.