11.3.20

Silver Landings

Mandy Moore - Silver Landings (2020)

Anyways, back to the music. Happened upon the new Mandy Moore album today. I don't really know her previous stuff, but I'd been interested in this album ever since the Ryan Adams debacle with her bullshit ex-husband. She did an interview with Marc Maron, last summer, I think it was (edit: Feb 2019). She just came off as the kindest, sweetest person you could want to know. So, yeah, I knew the album was coming but didn't know when....and I found it today. It's really chill. The lyrics are kinda; I'm not sure how to describe them. I guess very confessional and reflective. She's a no regrets (with a few exceptions) kinda gal and she wears it well. Musically, it's got this 70s Laurel Canyon FM AOR vibe, which seems to be coming back these days (and I honestly do not mind). I would love to hear these songs live. Maybe in a room like The Fillmore or The Fox. (edit again: looks like her tour is kicking off and she'll be hitting The Warfield in early May). Hopefully soon, y'all. In the meantime, Silver Landings is out now and you can check it out here, or wherever you get your music.

No comments: