14.2.20

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath (1970)
I first heard this when I was in junior high school. KFOG used to play full albums on Sunday nights and I always tuned into that shit, it was a really big part of my musical upbringing. This one night, they were playing the first Black Sabbath album. I had heard the name at that point but not the music. I remember lying on my bed, listening to that opening with the rain, thunder and church bells. The music, like an old horror film kicked in. Then Ozzy's voice....WHAT IS THIS THAT STANDS BEFORE ME. Man, that shit freaked me out, and it still gives me a little shudder these days. If you haven't heard it, this album is kinda where it all started and it's very recommended. Released on 13 FEB 1970 (apparently it was Friday the 13th, too), Happy 50th birthday, Black Sabbath.

Check it out here.

No comments: