8.11.19

Misbehavin'


Undoubtedly one of my favourite musical moments in film/TV this year. Aimee-Leigh and Baby Billy (sister and brother played by Jennifer Nettles and Walt Goggins) do a country/gospel song called Misbehavin' in HBO's The Righteous Gemstones. This shit is insidious, it sticks in your head for days on end. MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO, I DID ANYWAYS, MISBEHAVIN'. It's so great, you can bet that this will show up on my year-end mix.

In the show, this scene is set in 1989, but they did the original version of the song as children in the 60s, I believe, so there are two versions of this song out there. Weirdly enough, they're both on Spotify. Click here for the OG version and click here for the 1989 version, as depicted in the clip above. I really enjoy the show, especially when it gets very over-the-top. Check it out if you get a chance.

No comments: